Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This Leg of Mine

After completing a series of 3 epidural injections and another round of physical therapy I was instructed to seek out a Neurologist. I saw her this morning. She was surprised I had not seen one before since I have have this back and leg pain for 9 year now. She reviewed my history with me as well as the MRI, CT, Blood work and Surgery reports. She then gave me a full neurological test which consisted of a lot of pushing , pulling , poking and thumping. She seemed a bit perplexed because I passed the test fairly well with the exception of some right leg weakness, and reflexes were good. She did say I may be a "mystery" patient which is not comforting since in my eyes that means a long wait for diagnosis and possibility of never being pain free. The next step is a EMG on May 27th. This test consists of hooking my leg up with electrodes and then inserting my muscles with needles (ouchie) to measure muscle activity and nerve conductance. She said the procedure isn't very painful, but mostly annoying. She did say the only patients who complain that its painful is men...go figure...we all know they are big babies. I liked the Dr., she was very nice...When checking my reflexes she said. "Your face is quite asymmetrical, has it always been like that? has anyone diagnosed you with Bells Palsey?" WHAT THE HELL....ahhhh no never been told that.. she said well nobody is symmetrical...but apparently my face is super lopsided so here comes a complex for Melissa. I was just started to get all bent out of shape about the damn spider veins on my calf...
Anyways... I will update when I know something more.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ah, I hope you find out what's going on with your leg. But you made me laugh. What a weird comment about an asymetrical face. And for the record I think you're very pretty. Doesn't that doctor know that a symetrical face is a pretty one!!! Maybe you need to inform her of that ;)