Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Times





We have had a couple of firsts the last few weeks.. Jackson had his very first trip to Chucky Cheese for his cousin Reagans birthday. It was also the 1st time Gabe has been back to Chucky Cheese since he was 2. He has been haunted by that giant rat since that day he huddled under the birthday party table screaming bloody murder. Over the years we have opted out of many birthday parties because he would not step foot in the place..He has always been freaked out by people in costumes.. This day he really was brave and knew it was time to face the fear. As we were driving there he said to John and I... " I am just going to have to suck it up and be a man" and thats exactly what he did.. The big mouse didnt bother him a bit. Were proud of you Gabe, its about time.


Gabe's first day back at school was Tuesday. He is in 2nd grade now and I can hardly believe it. He loves school and makes friends so easily. I am taking him in the mornings and then a local daycare picks him up after school and he stays there for an hour.. He told me this afternoon when I picked him up that he is sort of embarassed when the van picks him up because he is the only kid his age that goes there from his school and he has to sit with the "little kids" who are being picked up by another daycare. Awwwh..darn it... kind of hurt my feelings. I just wish I could let him walk home but he is still too young. Here is a pic of him in his new school clothes.

My niece Sienna Claire had her 1st birthday yesterday. My brother and Vanessa brought her out and we had dinner and cookie cake.. Happy Birthday Claire Bear.. We love you gobs!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Glad Gabe had a good time at Chuckie Cheese! His comment made me laugh! I'm glad he sucked it up and was a man!!! Jackson is getting so big, we can't wait to see him in person.

Beth said...

I'm laughing so hard at Gabe's 1st chucky cheese trip. I can just picture it...too cute (well, probably not cute at the time)