Wednesday, April 20, 2011

South to North

This year we decided to move our very small and very first garden from the south side to the north side to get more sun and also to make it bigger..I'm not sure exactly how big but I would guess John tilled up an area of about 12ft by 20 ft. We got a truckload of horse manure from a friend of mine who has a farm and John mixed that in.. We probably should of waited to put plants in but we get antsy once we start projects and so put in cucumbers, tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, jalapenos, broccoli, strawberries, zucchini and most exciting asparagus.. I still have a row and half to put something in.. I was thinking some sort of lettuce or green beans..any suggestions from y'all? Gabe wants to do watermelon and cantaloupe but i think we will have to build a raised bed and mix sand with soil if I remember correctly. I told him we could plan for next year. Ive been looking online how to make some solid and cutesy garden markers for each row of plants...The very cutest idea is buying spoons at the goodwill and then somehow stamping the lettering in the hammered spoon head and shoving the handle into the ground..cute cute..... I think I'm going to use shims and paint them...ill post as the garden grows..its so rewarding and so much cheaper than the sky high veggies at the market..











1 comment:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Looks like lots of fun and work!! It's great to eat right out of the garden I'm sure the kids will LOVE it!!!!