Saturday, January 23, 2010

Takes my breath away

Justin Timberlake and Matt Morris covered Leonard Cohen's song Hallelujah on the Hope for Haiti Telethon last night. It was amazing and beautiful. They covered the song with sheer perfection. I have been listening to it over and over. It will be in my heart for a long time. Click on this blog title and you can listen to it. Listen to it loud and without distractions and I think you will feel it too.
I truly feel devastated by what is happening in Haiti. My heart hurts and I have not ran out of tears watching the footage of all those hungry and heartbroken orphans. If there were a way I could get on a plane and go to help I wouldn't think twice. I would go. Our family has donated the money we are able to and I know that is what they need. It is so hard to wrap my mind around what God's plan is when you see the tiny babies in the back of a truck starving and dying of thirst. I would take one into in our home if there was ever a way.

1 comment:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

You said it best!! I got chills just reading your blog. It's easy to not turn on TV and see it. But more people need to feel the same way we do!! I'm with ya on that plane ride to help out.. So sad to think we have it so nice. So many people think they have it so bad...